Saturday, February 16, 2013

Some research I did about Electricity during the 18th and 19th Century

What I am trying to find is how much power and magnitude was the electricity during the 19th century so that we may have something to compare to the power and magnitude of the 21st century. Here is what I have found.

Who Discovered Electicity

I am not sure that this page, OUR GRID, is what I was looking for but it gives some background about the electrical components and power.

History of Electricity

Electricity, late 19th to mid - 20th century - page before this said that oil was used before they discovered electricity. I am not sure if that information is important to us yet but it doesn't hurt to put the information out there.


Table for Power Use in America Over Time

History Of Energy Consumption 

OMG I found this and thought it was cool! Lighting a Revolution

This site gives me a better idea of how much watts Edison ran his light bulbs, so I think we can work on our bulbs on this wattage. Thomas Edison


No comments:

Post a Comment